Providence, Rhode Island – The Brown Women’s Basketball will begin play in the Ivy League on Monday, January 2, at the Pens. The game against the Quakers will begin at 2:00 p.m. in Palestra and will be streamed on ESPN+.
Brown (7-5) will face Penn (7-5), who has won his last six games. The Bears ended his non-conference season with a tough 89-75 loss on the Florida Gulf Coast.
- Brown led the way with a career-high 34 points. Kyla Jones Lost to FGCU. The junior marks that he had two 30-point games in the season and since 2018-19 Brown has had a player with two 30-point games in his one campaign.
- The Bears shot a season-high 53.7% from the floor against the Eagles, doing nearly all of their damage inside. Brown said he held a 54-28 advantage in points for the paint.
- The difference in the match against FGCU was beyond the arc. The Florida Gulf Coast had him 16-for-34 from the deep, but Brown was just out of his three-point range and he was 2-for-9. Two he made three and nine attempts was the lowest all season for the Bears.
- The two three-pointers are Brown’s lowest score since a 2-19 victory over Central Connecticut on November 6, 2018. .
- Isabella Mauricio They are second on the team in scoring with 11.8 points per game after scoring 10 points against FGCU. Mauricio has missed Brown’s final two games before facing the Eagles.
- Youth remains an important area for the Bears, as Brown’s third and fourth scorers are freshmen. Grace Arnory Ranked third on the team with an average of 10.2 points per game, and led the team with 30 assists. Mackenzie Leahy He is fourth on the team with 7.3 points per game and shoots 37.5% from 3-point range.
- Brown ranks third in the Ivy League in both points per game (65.9) and points per game allowed (59.6). The Bears’ defense continues to shine, with Ivy leading his league in both blocks per game (4.3) and steals per game (11.4).
About the pen
- The Quakers have won six in a row, including five at home. During the streak, Penn had an overtime win against Bucknell and a one-point win against Temple.
- The Penn are led by outstanding Kayla Padilla, averaging 15.1 points per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, and 3.8 assists per game.
- Jordan Obi is second on the team with 12.2 points per game and 6.1 rebounds per game.
- Penn’s defense allowed a league-lowest 58.7 points, keeping the team’s shooting percentage at 35.2%.
Contents of the series
- Brown has lost the series 35-54 and the Bears have lost to Penn in their last 20 games.
- Brown’s last victory over the Penns was a 59–55 overtime victory on February 4, 2012.
- Last season, Brown lost 37-66 on the road and 53-67 at home to the Quakers.
Brown University Sports Foundation
The Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF) is the lifeblood of the athletics program, existing to enhance the experience of students and athletes through the charitable support of alumni, parents, fans and friends. A donation from the Sports Foundation will make an immediate impact on today’s brown bears, helping them to be the best in their classrooms, competitions, and most importantly, their communities. For more information on Bears support, click here. Here.
follow me on social
Follow us for the latest from Braun Athletics
@BrownU_Bears on Twitter @BrownU_Bears Like on Instagram BrownUBears subscribe on facebook brown athletics YouTube channel.