Boston College (6-6, 1-0 PL) vs. Bucknell (4-8, 0-1 PL)
When: Monday, January 2, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Venue: Case Gym, Boston, MA.
Roster: BU | Bucknell
Schedule: BU | Bucknell
Boston – Entering 2023, Boston University’s women’s basketball team will return to The Roof at Case Gym to host Patriot League foe Bucknell on Monday (January 2).Opening hint is set for 2pm
Monday is the home opener of BU’s Patriot League. Back in the 2019-20 season, BU have won 31 of their last 40 home games. Since the start of that campaign, the Terriers have gone 23-5 against conference opponents at Commonwealth Avenue, including the postseason.
Bucknell will be looking to snap a three-game losing streak on Monday. The Bisons went 1-5 this year, with Cornell’s only win in overtime on November 19, 2022.
The game is youth and high school basketball day and admission is free for high school basketball teams.
- BU went on to a three-game winning streak in the Patriot League opener, beating Navy 62-39 on the road.
- The Terriers outscored the mids 56-24 after a 15-6 draw in the first quarter, highlighted by a 21-0 run over the remaining two frames.
- Junior Kaitlyn Weimar In his first appearance since December 1, he dropped a double-double of 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- Senior sydney johnson He also scored 15 points and a career-high two blocks.
- In total, BU had nine rejections and a season-high 51 rebounds while holding Navy’s shooting percentage to .212.
- This shooting clip is the lowest BU since Loyola Maryland hit 21 percent (13 of 62) against the Terriers on March 4, 2014.
- Friday marked the fourth time the Terriers reached the 50-board plateau since joining the Patriot League (2013-14). He did so last season against The Miz as well, but it was also the first time he recorded a 50-rebound effort in consecutive seasons for BU since the 2010-11 and 2011-12 campaigns.
- Johnson, who has scored in double figures in 28 of his last 30 Patriot League games, has 975 career points. With 25 more points, she would become the 25th terrier in program history to score 1,000 points.
- Senior marlen durant 9 rebounds from 10th all-time in BU and 3 blocks from 4th.
- Weimar are tied for 26th in Division I and have six double-doubles in just eight games. She has set the pace with the Patriots in her league with her .571 goal percentage on the field and her 2.1 blocks per game.
- Sophomore Alex Giannaros Ten of her first 15 three-point attempts were hit. Her career .431 3-point percentage ranks second all-time behind her teammate. Liz Sheen.
- All six of BU’s wins this season have come when they scored 60 points or more.
- Monday begins a stretch in which three of the Terrier’s next four games will be played at home.
- The Bison entered Monday’s game 4-8, losing 62-45 to the Holy Cross in the Patriot League opener.
- Bucknell is on a three-game losing streak, with his last win coming against Stony Brook on December 3rd.
- The Bisons spin the ball more than 14.8 times per game, the lowest of any team in the Patriot League.
- Cecilia Collins is the only Bison to average double digits, scoring 13.8 points per game on close to 44% shooting percentage.
- Emma Shaffer has a team-high 7.4 rebounds per game on top of 9.6 points per game.
- Head coach Trevor Woodruff is in his fourth season at the helm.
- Bucknell is expected to finish fourth in the Patriot League preseason voting, while Collins earned preseason All-Patriot League honors.
- In 2021-22, the Bisons finished with a 24-10 record, going 12-6 to clinch the 4th seed in the Patriot League Tournament and reach the championship round. Bucknell qualified for WNIT while Fordham went 74-64 in the opening round.
- Monday marks the 17th ever meeting between BU and Bucknell in a series that began in 2014.
- The Bison have an 11-5 lead in the rivalry, backed by a nine-game winning streak from 2014-2018.
- Terriers have won 4 of their last 6 matches.
- BU is now 3-5 at home against Bucknell.
- The Terriers swept last season’s series. Johnson posted his game-high 23 points and 5 assists in a 67-58 win on February 2, 2022.
- She followed suit with 21 points as BU limited Bucknell’s shooting to 30.6% in a 69–51 victory over Terriertown on February 26.
- The Tellier family will move to Lafayette on Thursday (January 5th).Opening tip scheduled for 6pm