The Princeton-Women’s basketball team will continue in Division 2 of the Ivy to face Cornell on Friday (6:00 p.m.) and Columbia (4:00 p.m.).
Watch – Cornell | Live Stats – Cornell | Tickets | Watch – Colombia | Live Stats – Colombia |
how did we get here
• Princeton is 14-5 this season after beating the Yale Bulldogs 79-30 at Jadwin’s Gym last Saturday.
• Yale’s 30 points is the lowest total by a Princeton opponent since Lafayette registered 27 on December 7, 2016 (65-27 decision). The Tigers gave up his less than 10 points in the third quarter while scoring at least 20 points in his final three stanzas.
• Yale went scoreless for six minutes in the second quarter as Princeton secured a 12-0 run. The home unit eventually entered the locker room with a 36-13 lead. In the second stanza, the Tigers gave up his two buckets to Yale while making 8-of-13 shooting (61.5%).
• The Bulldogs never got inside 24 in the second half.
•Madison St. Rose He added two rebounds and led all scorers with 17 points. She has scored her 15 or more points five times in her last six games. Kaitlyn Chen He scored 11 points, six helpers, and was +46 in 30 minutes of playing time. Ellie Mitchell grabbed 12 boards Chet Newke The win was a career-high 10 points.
2022-23 Statistics and Things…
Statistics until February 1
•Ellie Mitchell 10th in the nation in rebounds per game (11.1), 12th in offensive rebounds per game (4.1), 19th in total rebounds (211), 30 in defensive rebounds per game (7.1) rank.
• She had at least nine rebounds in 13 of 19 games this season, and had 12 or more rebounds in nine contests. Her 11.1 her rebounds per game is the fifth-highest in program history and the best since 1978.
Against Seton Hall, she became only the third person to have at least 23 rebounds and six steals in a game since 2009-10 (Javona Layfield (Dayton), 12/31/ 17), Kylie Coons (Sacramento St., 12/12/) 1/10).
• Mitchell became the first NCAA player to record at least 12 rebounds and eight steals in a game in Maine this season.
• She is also the 10th player since 2009-10 to have at least 7 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists and 8 steals in a contest, and the first player since February 2018.
• Her 692 career rebounds are the 10th in program history.
• Juniors rank 23rd nationally in steals per game (2.79) and 29th in steals per game (53).
•Chen leads the team in scoring with 13.9 points per game and field goal percentage (43.9). She has scored in double figures in all but four of her games.
•She ranks 75th nationally in assists per game (4.4) and 97th in assists per game (83).
•Julia Cunningham Currently, she is 24 points behind 1,000 points in her career. With her 11.1 points per game her pace, she will reach that milestone on her February 4th at Columbia.
•Madison St. Rose They have won 54.1% of their total points this season in their last six games, all won by Princeton.
• Cent. Rose was named the Basketball Writers Association of America’s Tamika Catchings National Freshman of the Week yesterday, marking the third week in a row that the St. Rose earned Rookie of the Week honors.
•Paige Morton scored 82 points this season, 51 more than last season. She is averaging 2.7 points (4.3) more than she did in the 2021-22 season.
•parker hill We averaged 3.2 points per contest, 1.9 points more than last year. Together she and Morton took her 10-10 from the floor against Dartmouth.
•Grace Stone have 3s in at least one game in all but two games, trailing the Tigers with a shooting percentage of 42.2%.
• Seniors are averaging a career-best 10.3 points per game. Seniors moved up from 4.2 points for freshmen, 5.8 points for sophomores, and 9.3 points for juniors to their current marks.
Stone played in 107 career games, Cunningham played in 105, Maggie Connolly 104 saw action.
If Princeton played the same number of games as last year, excluding injuries, Stone would finish in 118 games, third all-time, Cunningham would finish in 116, fourth-most, and Connolly would finish in 115. , and tied for 5th place. .
•Chet Newke He averaged 4.0 points per game, 1.6 points higher than last season. She scored a career-high 10 points against Yale.
• Princeton’s bench has scored at least 25 points in four of their last six games.
• The Tigers had five players reach double figures in Dartmouth, the first time since facing Buffalo in December 2021.
• After shooting 1/13 from Deep vs. Temple, Princeton made at least three trays in each game, with the exception of the Rhode Island contest. The Tigers knocked down a season-high 12 threes against Hartford.
•This season the Tigers have at least 10 assists in every game but one. His 28 helpers at Princeton versus Hartford fell two short of his program record.
• After stealing nine in the first two games, the Tigers have stolen ten bases in ten games since.
• The Tigers were ranked in the top 100 nationally by…
Scoring Defense (54.8) – 21st
Lowest turnovers per game (13.7) – 46th
Net ranking – 47th place
Scoring Margin (+11.0) – 51st
Assists/Turn Rate (1.07) – 53rd
Rebound Margin (+5.8) – 56th
Revenue Per Contest (18.53) – 73rd Place
Offensive Rebounds/Game (13.2) – 79th
Assists per Contest (14.7) – 92nd
Princeton’s 15-point comeback at Rutgers Carla Velvet Era, tops 12-point rally at Yale
•Grace Stones The buzzer beater vs. Rhode Island was the first since the Tigers beat Southwest Texas 82-81 on November 23, 2002 at the Ferrell Center in Waco, Texas, thanks to Irene Powers’ putback with one second left in overtime. , was the team’s first buzzer-beater. .
Princeton vs. Cornell and Columbia…
• The Tigers are leading an all-time series against Cornell, 63-21. He has 10 straight wins against Princeton’s big reds and has lost only once since 2008.
•Princeton leads the series, going 59-17 against Columbia. It was the Lions’ first victory over the Tigers at the beginning of the season against Princeton since 2008.
2022-23 Her Hoops Information…
Statistics until February 1
•Princeton is ranked 12th in the NCAA. Hoops Stats Defensive Rating (77.8) is a stat that controls the pace and adjusts the defensive rating according to the strength of the attacks faced by the team.
• The Tigers are 34th in her Hoops Stat Rating (24.2), a rating of a team that controls pace, adjusts opponent quality, and incorporates winning margins in addition to wins and losses.
•Berube’s unit ranks 41st even in simple RPI (60.0), treating all games equally (25% team win rate, 50% average win rate for opponents, 50% average win rate for opponents). The NCAA RPI differs from the NCAA RPI as it rates home wins as 0.6 wins, home losses as 1.4 losses, away wins as 1.4 wins and away losses as 0.6 losses.
• The Tigers’ opponents scored only 0.71 points per play, 28th best in the nation.
Assist Percentage – 29.3% – 97th percentile
Win Share – 3.4 – 94th Percentile
Offensive Win Share – 2.5 – 92nd Percentile
Assist/TOV – 1.66 – 92nd percentile
Individual foul rate – 2.4% – 91st percentile
Utilization – 24.7 – 85th percentile
Defensive Win Shares – 2.7 – 7th Overall
Defensive Rebound Percentage – 27.9% – 21st Overall
ERA – 69.7 – 21st overall
Total Rebounds Percentage – 20.9% – 23rd Overall
Steal rate – 4.8% – 29th overall
Offensive Rebound Percentage – 14.6% – 98th percentile
Win Share – 3.6 – 93rd Percentile
Defensive Win Share – 1.7 – 97th percentile
Defensive Rating – 79.8 – 94th percentile
Steal rate – 3.3% – 93rd percentile
Win Share – 3.4 – 91st Percentile
Assist Rate – 22.6% – 90th percentile
Defensive Win Share – 1.4 – 93rd Percentile
Winning share – 2.9 – 87th percentile
Defensive Rating – 83.6 – 87th percentile
• Princeton will end each shootaround on game day with a half-court shot.
Maggie Connolly – Five
Paige Morton, Amelia Osgood, Lexi Weger -2
Ellie Mitchell, Grace Stone, Kaitlyn Chen, Julia Cunningham When Madison St. Rose – 1.
Breakfast is king…
team led by captain Maggie Connolly When Katie Tears We ranked the breakfasts for each expedition. Harvard, 9.0, Texas – 8.5, UConn – 8.5, Dartmouth – 7.5, Towson – 6.5, Maine – 3.5