Tuesday’s NHL game features the New York Islanders (21-15-2) visiting the Vancouver Canucks (16-17-3) at Rogers Arena at 10pm at MSG. The Islanders are 9th in the Eastern Conference (44 points) and the Canucks are 12th in the Western Conference (35 points).
How to watch Vancouver vs New York
New York and Vancouver Statistics
- The Islanders have 3.2 goals per game (17th in the NHL) and the Canucks have conceded 3.8 (30th).
- On average, the Canucks score 3.4 goals per game (7th in the league) while the Islanders concede 2.7 (6th).
- New York has a +18 goal difference this season, ranking eighth in the NHL.
- Vancouver’s goal difference is -15 (-0.4 per game), 23rd in the NHL.
- The Canucks conceded 34 power play goals (32nd in the league in penalties made) and the Islanders had 21 power play goals (27th in power play percentage).
- The Islanders conceded 21 short-handed goals (10th in the league in penalties percentage) and the Canucks had 30 power play goals (8th in power play percentage).
new york impact players
- Matthew Balzal is one of New York’s top contributors (37 total points) with 9 goals and 28 assists.
- Brock Nelson scored 37 points (1.0 per game), scored 15 goals and added 22 assists.
- Underslee’s 28 points this season came with 13 goals and 15 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin has averaged 2.3 goals and 749 saves. 926 save percentage is his fourth best in the league.
Simon Holmstrom: out (knee), Adam Perek: out (upper body), Kyle Palmieri: out (upper body), Cal Clutterbuck: out (upper body)
Vancouver Impact players
- Elias Petterson’s 44 points are important for Vancouver. He has 17 goals and 27 assists in his 34 games.
- Bo Hobutt helped lead Vancouver’s attack this season with 26 goals and 14 assists.
- Andrei Kuzmenko has 15 goals and 17 assists this season.
- Spencer Martin has played in 20 games this season, conceding 68 goals (averaging 3.6), making 530 saves and a .886 save percentage (45th in the league).
Thatcher Demko: out (lower body), Travis Dermott: out (concussion), Tanner Pearson: out (hands), Tucker Poolman: out (undisclosed)
Regional restrictions apply.