Ventura County Star
High school sports highlights on Wednesday:
- Kevin Guerrero, AB Valdes, Christian Saucedo and Ángel Mosqueda scored. Santa Paula Won the Citrus Coast League Championship 4-0. nordhoffThe Cardinals (11-5-2, 10-1), who last won the league title in the Tri-Valley League in 2018, have only lost one of their final 14 games since a 1-4 start to the season.
- Huneme (8-9-1, 6-6) to secure a 6-3 win and a place in the playoffs. Fillmore in a Citrus Coast League match. Diego Alcaraz, Jesus Angel Avila and Jared Ramos scored for the Flashes (9-8-4, 6-3-3).
- Despite leading 2-0 in the first half, oxnard fell in santa barbara 3-2 in the Channel League match. Abraham Serbin and Miguel Cabrera scored goals for the Yellow Jackets (16-3-8, 9-2-3) to tie for second place in the league against Pacifica with 30 points each.
- Pacifica (15-6-1, 10-4) conceded two set pieces in the first half in a 0-2 loss to the Channel League champions San Marcos (14-1-3, 13-0-1).
- Nate Lopez, a sophomore, scored his second consecutive hat-trick. Buena (13-11-3, 6-53) won 3-2 and qualified for the playoffs. Rio Mesa in a channel league match. Jason Maldonado and Tony Delgado scored goals, Carter Rosenbaum provided two assists, Luis Gonzalez and Benier Riley played well in defense and Brandon Fuchs made a solid effort in his goalkeeping debut for Spartans. did
- Goals were scored by Henry Rose, Cristiano Alvarez, Antonio Martinez and Sam Kraft. Ventura Finished the season with a 4-2 victory in the visiting game Dos Pueblos in a channel league match.
- Senior Zach Harris scored all four goals: a penalty kick, a free kick, a header and a solo run. oak park Win a perfect season of the Coastal Canyon League 4v1 Simi ValleyNate Capitz assisted the Eagles (16-1, 8-0).
- Javi Castro and Felipe Quesada scored Moorpark (9-7-3, 5-3) Beat Camarillo Finished 2-0 in 2nd place in the Coastal Canyon League.
- Jeremy Larson scored 19 goals and Jake Barrett provided an assist. Grace Brotheren (8-2-1, 7-0-1) Completed an undefeated Frontier League campaign and won the visit 1-0 Thatcher.
more:Tuesday’s Top Prep Performers: Local Teams Win League Championships
- Cynthia Ramos had five points, Anaya Davis had two and Yahaira Ramirez had four assists. Santa Paula A 7-0 win over Nordhoff secured a share of the Citrus Coast League Championship. The Cardinals (14-1-1-10-1) could clinch the title outright with a win or draw against Carpinteria on Thursday.
- Goals from Viktoria Pina and Carissa Terrazas, with assists from Fatima Alvarado and Ashley Hernandez Fillmore 2-0 win from (11-7, 9-3) Huneme (8-6, 6-6) in a Citrus Coast League match.
- Jazzy Moreno and Esha Moore scored with assists from Kaitlyn Wright and Olivia Mobley. Ventura came from behind to defeat the host Dos Pueblos 2-1 in the Channel League finale. Peyton Mendes scored his 11th shutout goal as his Channel League champions regular finished his season 18-4-1 overall and 11-2-1 in the league.
- Second place Buena (12-5-1, 9-4-1) play Rio Mesa (9-9-5, 4-6-4) tied scoreless in Channel League match. The Bulldogs are heading into the postseason. The CIF-SS pairing will be announced on Saturday.
- Jazmine Soto scored after an assist from Vera Naranjo to advance to the playoffs in third place oxnard (9-10-1, 8-5-1) Edgy visit santa barbara 1-0 in the channel league match.
- Valeria López scored and assisted, while Clarissa Mergoza, Michel Monroy and Anahi Nieto scored and Natalia Quesada provided an assist. Pacifica patrol visit San Marcos They finished 4-0 in 4th place in the Pacific View League and qualified for the playoffs.
- Macy Baird free kick to score oak park Tethered Simi Valley Finished third in the Coastal Canyon League, 1-1.
more:Moore and Mobley push Ventura High women’s soccer team to Channel League title
- Marcos Ramirez lifts the ball with a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left in overtime oxnard 66-65 win Buena when the Yellowjackets went undefeated 14-0 in the Channel League. Dominique Contreras finished with 22 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists, Reece Viderberg had 19 points, 4 assists and Lucas Ray had 8 points, 5 rebounds and key blocks as Oxnard won the league title in 19 games to date. or shared. Over the past 25 seasons, he extended his league winning streak to 45 games. Josh Ulaig had 19 points and 7 rebounds, Zane Carter had 15 points and 10 rebounds, Daniel Ortiz had 14 points, Colin Gunther had 7, and Luke Ortiz closed out the Cougars with 6 and 3 blocks (24). 4 wins, 11 wins and 1 loss). 3), in the league he finished second and qualified for the CIF-SS playoffs. Basketball pairings will be announced on Sunday.
- Caleb Gorin with 13 points, Jack Rose with 9 points, Jake Auster and Joshua Woodworth with 8 points each, Finn Fancher with 7 points, Cooper Conrad, Caleb Sebek and Travis Valenzuela each. 6 points, Mack Hannah with 4 points and Nick Unter with 6 points each.Add 2 points as Ventura ended the season with an 80-69 overtime loss to Dos Pueblos in a Channel League match.
- Sergio Ornelas had 12 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks, Alex Tamayo had 10 points, 2 steals and Bader Aina had 6 points and 4 rebounds. Pacifica Finished the season with a 70-48 loss to (7-21, 1-13) santa barbara in a Channel League match. Luke Zufferath led the Dons with 18 points (16-11, 10-3).
- Ethan Macias added 19 points, David Williams added 11 points, Rodney Adams Jr. added 8 points and Camden Keach added 7 points. Rio Mesa (14-14, 7-7) with a loss of 62-58 San Marcos in the Channel League finale.
- Dylan Benner 18 points, senior Nico Macias 17 points, 5 assists, Jeremy Goodcase 7 points, senior Nate Loomis 6 points, 7 rebounds, Isiah Marin 6 points, senior Joe Scanlon has 4 points and 9 rebounds, Sebastian Cipresses has 4 rebounds as Tri Valley League Champion Saint Bonaventure (19-8, 7-1) finished the regular season 72-46 Santa Clara at senior night.
- Gavin Day had 22 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists, Ethan Day had 11 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists, Jomari Ong had 9 points and 4 rebounds, and Brady Crawford had 8 points and 7 rebounds. Villanova preparation (7-15, 4-3) Defeated Laguna Blanca I decided to advance to the CIF-SS playoffs with a score of 55-43. The Wildcats will face Foothill Tech on Friday to determine his second-place finish in the Frontier League.
- foothill tech defeated Grace Brotheren Qualified for the CIF-SS playoffs 58-54. The Dragons (12-14, 4-3) will face Villanova Prep on Friday to determine his second-place finish in the Frontier League.
- Anais Hernandez has 13 points, 7 rebounds and 2 steals, Haven Ramirez has 11 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks, Mr. Nelson has 10 points and 6 rebounds, and Mimi Moon has 9 points, 9 assists and 4 rebounds.Steals, Micah Johnson added his 5 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 assists to take the lead Pacifica (17-8, 8-4) to win 53-29 santa barbara in a Channel League match.
more:Agora Defeats Thousand Oaks to Win Marmonte League Men’s Basketball Title
more:Men’s Basketball Notes: Westlake’s grit to bounce back from adversity
more:Monday’s Top Prep Performers: Four Basketball Teams Win League Titles
women’s water polo
- oaks christian defeated west lake They went 20-2 to finish the Marmonte League undefeated 6-0.
- Kate Daland scored 5 goals and saved to take the lead Agora 21-2 win Calabasas in a Marmont League match.
- Buena lost to santa barbara 15-3 and defeated oxnard 14-6 in the Channel League Championship. In the first game, Addison Bruno recorded his one goal and his four stolen bases, with goals scored by Kendall Nagaoka and Devin Barrera. In the second game, Gabriel Swaim finished with 4 goals and 1 steal, Mikayla Salas 3 goals and 4 steals, Isabella Prewitt 3 goals and 2 steals, Bruno 2 goals and 4 steals, Jackie The star had 2 goals and 3 steals. Nagaoka scored and goalkeeper Katherine Salazar recorded 15 blocks and 2 steals.
- Lindsey Ramirez finished with 3 goals, 5 steals and 3 assists while Diana Soto had 3 goals, 1 assist and 1 steal. Santa Paula (14-12, 4-4) Defeated Huneme 10-3 to finish third in the Citrus Coast League and earn a postseason berth.