RV Women’s Basketball beats RV Kansas State 87-41 in Big 12 opener
loli harmon Recorded 15 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds.
Austin, Texas — The Texas women’s basketball team’s defense fell 35 points below Kansas State’s season scoring average as the Longhorns’ 87-41 victory opened Saturday’s Big 12 play at the Moody Center.
Texas (10-4, 1-0) limited Kansas (11-3, 0-1) to 13-45 (28.9%) shooting from the field and gave the Wildcats a season-high 24 turnovers. I drove into
Over the past four games, the Longhorns have had 107 turnovers (26.8 per game) to maintain a 125-19 advantage in points-from-turnovers.
Four Texas players scored in double digits, with 15 each leading loli harmon When Sonya Morristo 14 Shayley Gonzales and from 12 Shay Hall.
Texas continues to play the Big 12 at TCU next week, January 4th.
• The 41 points scored by Kansas State are the fewest Texas has allowed a Big 12 opponent since Texas gave up 41 to Kansas in the 2017-18 season.
• Texas gave Kansas State points (41), three-point field goals (1) and season-high turnovers (24).
• Texas currently has 13 of its 14 opponents below their season scoring average.
• It’s the sixth time this season that the Longhorns have held 50 points or less in a single game.
• loli harmon She became the first NCAA DI women’s basketball player to record 15 or more points, 13 or more assists and 8 or more rebounds in a single game this season.
• 13 assists is Harmon’s career-high and ninth-most in program history.
• Texas beat Kansas 22-9 in the second quarter. The Longhorns used a 17-2 run to put him up 39-17 and at halftime he led 39-19.
• Kansas’ 9 points was 13 in the second quarter.th The amount of time Texas has held opponents to single digits in a quarter this season.
• Texas made a season-high ten 3-point field goals.
• The Longhorns had 22 assists on 31 field goals, marking their fifth straight game of 20 or more assists of the season.
• Shayley Gonzales With 14 points, he scored in double figures for the eighth game this season.
• Shay Hall Scored three 3-point field goals in the first half and scored 11 of 12 points in the first half. Holle he blocked three shots. This is his second time in three games where he has blocked three shots.
• Amina Muhammad Recorded 6 points and 8 rebounds.
• Khadija Faye Recorded 9 points and 5 rebounds.
• The Longhorns scored 26 points from reserve players. Anissa Gutierrez.