Los Angeles @ Indiana
Current record: Los Angeles 24-28. Indiana 24-28
What you need to know
This Thursday, the Los Angeles Lakers are looking to fill a hole in defense that allowed them 118.27 points per game. They will play the Indiana Pacers at 7 p.m. Thursday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. The Lakers strutting out after the win, and Indiana stumbles from the loss.
It may have taken overtime to get the job done, but in the end Los Angeles got what they wanted with a 129-123 victory over the New York Knicks on Tuesday. Los Angeles won with the backing of several key players. Small he had forward LeBron James up front and recorded a triple-double with 28 points, 11 assists and 10 boards. It was LBJ’s first triple-double of the season.
Meanwhile, Indiana lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 112-100 away. The silver lining for Indiana was the play of small forward Benedict Maturin, who had 27 points in addition to eight rebounds.
Without the buzzer beater, the Lakers are expected to be close. Those who play the odds have seen things come and go with Los Angeles going 25-25-2 against the spread.
At the team’s last meeting last November, Los Angeles and Indiana battled for the lead, but Los Angeles entered empty-handed after losing 116-115. Can Los Angeles avenge their defeat or is history destined to repeat itself?
- when: Thursday at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- tv set: Barry Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try it for free. Geo restrictions may apply.)
- follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket price: $50.50
According to the latest NBA odds, the Lakers are just 1.5 points favorite against the Pacers.
The oddsmakers were in line with this betting community as the game started as a 1.5 point spread and stayed there.
See NBA picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer models. Get your pick now.
Indiana has won 9 of its last 15 games against Los Angeles.
- Nov. 28, 2022 – Indiana 116 vs. Los Angeles 115
- 01/19/2022 – Indiana 111 vs Los Angeles 104
- 11/24/2021 – Los Angeles 124 vs Indiana 116
- 15/05/2021 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Indiana 115
- 12 March 2021 – Los Angeles 105 vs Indiana 100
- 08/08/2020 – Indiana 116 vs Los Angeles 111
- December 17, 2019 – Indiana 105 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Feb. 5, 2019 – Indiana 136 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Nov. 29, 2018 – Los Angeles 104 vs. Indiana 96
- March 19, 2018 – Indiana 110 vs Los Angeles 100
- January 19, 2018 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Indiana 86
- 01/20/2017 – Los Angeles 108 vs Indiana 96
- Nov. 1, 2016 – Indiana 115 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb. 8, 2016 – Indiana 89 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Nov. 29, 2015 – Indiana 107 vs Los Angeles 103