Los Angeles @ Indiana
Current record: Los Angeles 21-16. Indiana 19-17
What you need to know
The Los Angeles Clippers and Indiana Pacers have been tied (7-7) since December 2015, but not for long. Los Angeles is traveling on Saturday to face the Pacers at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on December 31 at 3:00 PM ET. Indiana strutting out after the win and the Clippers stumble from the loss.
Los Angeles were close but were unable to close the gap in a 116-110 loss to the Boston Celtics on Thursday. A silver lining for Los Angeles was Leonard’s play on his forward Kawhi, who scored his 26 points on eight boards.
Meanwhile, the Cleveland Cavaliers usually have all the answers at home, but Indiana proved too difficult Thursday. The Pacers played the Cavaliers 135-126. Indiana’s point guard, Tyrese Halliburton, over the arc he shot 6-for-8 with 29 points and he finished on 9 dimes.
The Clippers are the favorites this time around, with an expected winning percentage of 3.5 points. They are currently 3 to 3 on him against the spread in recent games and bettors may need to take this trend into account.
The Los Angeles loss made it 21-16, and the Indiana win made it 19-17. The Pacers, who allow an average of 115.44 points per game, haven’t exactly claimed themselves in his ends defensively. We’ll see if they can close the holes in their defense before their next match.
- when: 3 p.m. Saturday
- where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- tv set: Barry Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try it for free. Geo restrictions may apply.)
- follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket price: $33.74
The Clippers are the 3.5-point favorite over the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were in line with this betting community as the game started as a 3.5 point spread and stayed there.
See NBA picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer models. Get your pick now.
Both Indiana and Los Angeles have won seven of their last 14 games.
- 11/27/2022 – Los Angeles 114 vs Indiana 100
- 01/31/2022 – Indiana 122 vs Los Angeles 116
- 01/17/2022 – Los Angeles 139 vs Indiana 133
- 04/13/2021 – Los Angeles 126 vs. Indiana 115
- 17/01/2021 – Los Angeles 129 vs Indiana 96
- 12/09/2019 – Los Angeles 110 vs Indiana 99
- 03/19/2019 – Los Angeles 115 vs Indiana 109
- Feb. 7, 2019 – Indiana 116 vs. Los Angeles 92
- April 1, 2018 – Indiana 111 vs Los Angeles 104
- March 23, 2018 – Indiana 109 vs Los Angeles 104
- Dec. 4, 2016 – Indiana 111 vs Los Angeles 102
- Nov. 27, 2016 – Indiana 91 vs. Los Angeles 70
- 01/26/2016 – Los Angeles 91 vs Indiana 89
- 12/02/2015 – Indiana 103 vs Los Angeles 91