Austin, Texas — Graduation Forward brock cunningham An 89-75 victory over Oklahoma State (11-9, 3-5 Big 12) on Tuesday night gave Pace 10/10 Texas (17-3, 6-2 Big 12) a career-best 15 points. was recorded. Moody Center. From the floor he converted 50.9% (29-57) against his OSU team entering the contest, which leads the Big 12 and ranks fourth nationally. Field goal percentage defense (37.3).
UT improved to 10-2 under interim head coach leadership Rodney Terry with victory. The Longhorns have sold out crowds at each of his first 12 contests at the Moody Center this season.
Cunningham added five rebounds in 24 minutes and tied his career-highs on field goals (5-6) and three-pointers (3-3).graduation Marcus Kerr In 36 minutes, he scored a game-high 21 points while converting 7-of-11 field goals (2-of-2 3) and 5-of-7 free throws to 5 assists, 4 boards and 3 steals.super senior Timmy Allen He scored 17 points while making 5 of 8 field goals and 7 of 8 free throws, adding 6 boards and 3 assists in 29 minutes. Dylan Dis 12 points, 8 rebounds (5 offensive), 3 steals and 2 blocks in 20 minutes.
After Bryce Thompson’s jumper tied the score at 6-6 with 16:24 remaining, the Longhorns continued their 11-0 run in the next three and a half minutes, cushioning 17-6 after Kerr’s three. built. 12:52 mark pointer. A Kerr jumper gave Texas his 33–25 lead with 9:23 remaining, but after Thompson’s 3-pointer at the 4:33 mark, the Cowboys scored his points with his fifth straight. reduced the margin to his 33-30.
Tyreek Smith converted two free throws to cut the deficit to 35-32 with 3:31 remaining before the Longhorns closed the half with a 5-0 run to give them a 40-32 advantage at the break. . Texas recorded an 11-2 advantage on points from turnovers in the 20th minute of the start, and second chances on his points he recorded a 12-2 margin.
The Longhorns increased their cushion to 45-32 after a Kerr layup at the 19:20 mark.Ah sirjabali rice The 3-pointer gave the Longhorns a 52-41 advantage with 14:31 remaining, and the Cowboys used a 5-0 spurt to take the margin to 52-46 after Thompson’s 3-pointer at the 13:29 mark. trimmed to
Texas responded with a 6-0 run over the next three minutes, building a 58-46 lead after the pair. tyreese hunter Free throws with 10:48 remaining. The margin never fell below her eight points during the contest. John-Michael Wright’s 3-point shot saw him cut the deficit to 75-67 at the 5:19 mark, but the Longhorns sealed the win with his 7-0 spurt and two Allen wins. He got an 82-67 advantage after his pair of throws in the free. :53 rest.
Texas will return to the court on Saturday, January 28, to face No. 4/4 Tennessee as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. Tips are set at 6:00 PM ET (5:00 PM Central) at Knoxville’s Thompson Bowling Arena, and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN.
texas basketball postgame notes
#10/10 Texas 89, Oklahoma 75
January 24, 2023
Moody Center (Austin, TX)
Number of visitors: 10,763 (sold out)
- UT is 10-2 under interim head coach leadership Rodney Terry.
- Texas played in front of a sold out crowd in the first 12 contests held at the Moody Center this year.
- The 17-3 record marks the start of UT’s best 20 games since the 2010-11 season (17-3).
- The 6-2 record in the Big 12 marks the start of UT’s best eight games in the league since the 2013-14 season (6-2).
- Eleven of UT’s 17 wins this season have been by at least 10 points.
- The Longhorns dominated the regular season series against Oklahoma State University, winning 23 of the last 36 games in the series.
- UT has won 16 of their last 19 games against Oklahoma State in Austin.
- Texas achieved 50.9% (29-57) from the floor that night. UT hit at least 50% off the field in 10 of his 20 games this season.
- The Longhorns set a season-best 3-point field goal percentage (.615, 8-13) for the team.
- Texas recorded a 20-11 margin in points from turnovers, a 16-4 advantage in second-chance points, and a 29-19 advantage in bench scoring.
- The Longhorns posted a plus 14 rebounding margin (41-27).
- Texas forced 16 turnovers in Oklahoma that night. The Longhorns have forced at least his 15 turnovers in 16 of his first 20 games this year.
- 12th time this year (20 games) and 105th time (139 games) in total to achieve double-digit scoring (17 goals)
- Recorded the most free throws in a season (7-8)
- 6th time this year (20 games), 31st time (146 games) in total 20 points (game high 21 points)
- Breaking 20 points for the fourth time in 128 big games this season
- Achieved double-digit scores for the 18th time this year and the 103rd time in total
- Recorded a team-best plus-minus total plus-18 in 36 minutes of play
- Recorded a career-high score (15 points), last time: 13 vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff (Dec. 20, 2022)
- Career-high number of field goals (5-6), 5 against Arkansas Pine Bluff (20/12/2022)
- Recorded a career-best 3-point percentage (3-3), 3 vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff (20/12/22)
- Achieved double-digit scoring for the second time this year (20 games) and the third time in his career (95 games)
- Recorded a plus-minus total plus 17 in 24 minutes of play
- 8th time this season (19 games) and 37th time (94 games) in total to reach double figures (12 goals)
- Scored in double digits for 3 games in a row, reached double digits for 4th time in last 5 games
- Added a game-high 8 rebounds (5 offensive) in 20 minutes
- Tied for most steals this season (3)