Hickory, North Carolina– The Lenoir Line Men’s Basketball Team visited Limestone inside Shuford Arena on Wednesday night with a 73-68 loss, their fifth straight loss. The Bears have lost their last five games by a total of 21 points. LJ McCoy He had his sixth 20-point game of the year as McCoy scored 22 points and TJ Newsmith added 20 points and 5 rebounds in a losing effort. The Bears will be looking for a winning streak as LR moves to Mars Hill on Saturday.
Last: Limestone 73, Renoir Line 68
record: Limestone (10-11, 5-6 SAC) , Lenoir Line (8-12, 3-9 SAC)
position: Hickory, North Carolina | Shuford Arena
– The home team jumped to a 7-2 lead as the Bears hit the first three shots of the game.
– McCoy’s third 3-pointer of the first half gave the Bears a 13-4 lead with 15:10 remaining.
– After another McCoy basket gave the Bears a 20-13 lead, the Saints cut the lead to 22-21 with an 8-2 run.
– The Bears went into the break with a 31-29 lead as they shot 46% from the floor in the first half. McCoy scored his 16 of his 31 points for the Bears in the first half.
– The tide turned quickly in the second half, with Limestone taking the lead with Ben Gallaght’s 3-pointer with 17:23 remaining.
– The Bears cut the lead to one possession at 63-60 at 3:23, but Gahlert drained another 3-pointer to extend the lead to six.
– The Saints led 13-14 from the free throw line containing 8-9 in the second half.
– The Bears struggled on the grass as LR was -17 on the night when the Saints rebounded the Bears 41-24 including 14 offensive rebounds.
Beyond Box Score:
– Both teams top scorer with 22 points and second leader with 20 as Seb Graham gave the Saints 22 points and Gallert added 20 including two big 3-point shots in the second half won.
– McCoy led the Bears with 22 and Nesmith had 20. Malik Legania Added 11 points.
– The Bears went 12 deep in tonight’s rotation, but only had 8 bench points that night, while the Saints scored 19 bench points 8 deep.
– LR reached the free-throw line only twice in the first half, missing both shots, but went 12-16 from the line in the second half.
next: The Bears go to Mars Hill for tips at 4pm on Saturday.