Huntington, W.Va– The Marshall Women’s Basketball Team will head north from Mobile, Alabama to Boone, North Carolina to cap out 2022 with a New Year’s Eve contest in App State.
Date: December 31, 2022
Opponent: App State
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Arena: Holmes Convocation Center
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
twitter: @Herd WBB
- Abbie Beeman Achieved the first double-double as a member of the flock against South Alabama. The Ridgeley, West Virginia, Jr. native achieved his 10th double-double in 2019-22 as Shepard Lamb. Beeman’s 20 points were the second time she crossed her 20-point threshold this year, and her 12 rebounds were a career-high.
- Kendall Miller Marshalls beat South Alabama to hit the 500 point milestone. The Akron, Ohio native is eight assists away from her 200 in her career.
- Roshara Scott The 2.6 second game winner gave Marshall a thrilling overtime victory. The last time the Herd won a game in OT was on January 22, 2022, when he won 57-44 over Florida Atlantic.
- Marshall’s scoring defense is second best in the league and remains 33rd overall despite playing five extra minutes on Thursday. His 55.8 points per game average is just behind Texas State’s 55.7.
- The Thundering Herd triumphantly kicked off the Sun Belt Conference era. Marshall’s C-USA era in women’s basketball also kicked off with her 65-52 road victory in Memphis on January 6, 2006.
See below for detailed Marshall game notes. Here:
App State won the Sun Belt opener against Old Dominion on Thursday, defeating the Monarchs 81-55. The Mountaineers were on his 5-7 record overall, and on 17 November he lost 70-65, facing the Herd and his one common opponent in Norfolk State.
The Mountaineers were voted 8th in the Sunbelt preseason polls.
Junior guard Faith Alston has been named to the Sunbelt Preseason All-Third Team. Alston leads the team with his 2.4 assists per game. Senior guard Janay Sanders leads the team with 14.3 points per game. Saunders was named to the Sunbelt Preseason All-Second he team.
Marshall and App State have faced each other 44 times as former Southern Conference foes, with App State leading the best series ever, 25-19.
Follow @HerdWBB on Twitter and Instagram for the latest on Marshall Women’s Basketball.
Download the Marshall Athletics app for iOS or Android to follow all Thundering Herd sports and get live stats, schedules and free live audio!