1. Tom Brady made headlines on his SiriusXM radio show. let’s go! On Monday night, he answered a question from co-host Jim Gray about his future.
“Tom, you’re leaving everyone guessing,” said Gray. “You said it takes time. Do you have any kind of timetable for what you want to do with regards to your football career?”
“Jim, if you knew what I was going to do, I’d already [have] f— I did,” Brady replied. “I take it once a day.”
Naturally, the internet went wild, and the line was promoted on every blog, news outlet, and website analyzing Brady’s mood. “Irritated,” “salty,” “angry,” and “angry” are just a few of the adjectives the site uses to describe her GOAT mood.
But when I spoke with Jim Gray on Tuesday, he painted a completely different picture.
“We were just having fun,” Gray said of the exchange. “He was just having fun.”
Gray added, “I hate to let everyone down, but there was nothing.”
I asked Gray if he had discussed asking about his future with Brady before the show.
“No, he doesn’t know what’s coming,” said Gray.
“We’re having conversations and texting about who’s coming, what’s going on, what we’re thinking, and this was pretty obvious. What are we going to discuss? But no, about it.” didn’t mention, but audiences would expect to have some sort of update on if or when he makes a decision.”
Gray again stressed that future Hall of Famers won’t take offense at the question, and that Brady tends to use naughty words here and there.
“There is no controversy here,” said Gray. “Nothing. Tom curses sometimes if you ask me. It’s always a lot of fun. It shouldn’t be obnoxious or derogatory.”
Before ending our conversation, I asked Gray if he thought Brady should make an announcement about his future. let’s go!
“Not at all,” said Gray. “It’s totally up to him. He has a lot to think about. He has an organization. He has teammates. He has a family. There’s a long list of people and priorities. He’s perfect for the show, and where did he answer all the questions last year?
2. Here are the viewership numbers for the four division round playoff games:
Cowboys-49ers, Fox: 45.6 million
Bengals-Bills, CBS: 39.3 million
Jaguars-Chiefs, NBC: 32.3 million
Giants Eagles, Fox: 28.6 million
3. Bengals cornerback Eli Apple isn’t a great player, but he trash talks like a great player. A lot of people aren’t happy about that.
Four. Last Friday, I wrote about the NFL’s petty move to keep barstools. Bassin’ With The Boys A podcast hosted by current player Taylor Lewan and former player Will Compton from Radio Row at the Super Bowl. It became clear that the NFL reversed the decision.
Five. monday night raw We hosted our 30th anniversary episode last night in Philadelphia. This meant Paul Heyman would beat the Eagles and anger the crowd.
6. up to date SI Media Podcast Featuring a conversation with former Super Bowl champion and current podcast host Chris Long.
Listen to the podcast below or download it on Apple, Spotify, or Google.
can also be viewed. SI Media Podcast on youtube.
7. Random video of the day: As we talked about yesterday, royal rumble This Saturday, I’ll be in this space all week with memorable videos from WWE Signature Events. Today, let’s remember when Vince ripped both of his quads while McMahon was running to the ring in his 2005. rumble.
surely Catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out Sports Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jimmy Traina apple, Spotify Also GoogleYou can also follow Jimmy twitter, Instagram When tick tock.