Good morning everyone, especially…
It’s hard to get overshadowed by scoring at least 40 points in back-to-back games, but with the recent NBA scoring spree, that’s what happened. Giannis AntetokounmpoOn Tuesday night he made sure no one beat him.
Greek Freak scores a career-high 55 points ofover- Wizard.
- that is Second most points in a game in Bucks history. Michael Red Received 57 points in the 2006 contest.
- Join Antetokounmpo Ryu Alcindor (later Kareem Abdul Jabbar) When Flynn Robinson As the only Bucks player to score 40 or more points in three consecutive games.
- Antetokounmpo also participated Russell Westbrook When Moses Malone He is the only player to have 40-plus points and 10-plus rebounds in three consecutive games since the NBA merger in 1976.
our jack maloneyas seen by Brad Botkin .
- Botkin: “Only 10 weeks into the schedule, there have already been 14 games with 50 points or more this season, which is comparable to the 2020-21 total. Last season we had 19 games with 50 points. There was, at this pace the totals could be shattered at the All-Star break… …what we’re seeing this season is great.It’s not defense or foul calls or pace.Stock as never before “I miss the NBA games of the ’80s and ’90s a lot, too. But in terms of sheer skill, I can’t imagine a better time to be an NBA fan.”
- Kansas beat No.6 Texas, 116-103. This is the most points ever for an unranked team to beat a top 10 team. Mark Kiss Nowell The Wildcats had 36 points. keyyonte johnson was 28.
- pit overturned No.11 Virginia, 68-65. The Panthers are 4-0 in ACC play.
- Fresno State beat No.21 New Mexicothe last undefeated team in the country, 71-67.
not a very honorable mention
- Zion Williamson with his hamstring injury.
- United States Soccer Federation Greg Burhalter for a physical altercation with his now-wife that occurred in the early 1990s.
Dumar Hamlin is still in critical condition. Bills-Bengals will not be playing this week 🏈
bill safety Dummer HamlinFollowing his Monday night tackle, bengals. and family spokesperson Jordon Rooney said in part: “I can’t speak specifically to his condition. All I can say is that he is fighting.”
Here are some new important details Impact on league schedules:
- The NFL announced Tuesday .
- In a statement, the league said it remained in contact with Hamlin’s medical team. No decision has been made on restarting the game Nothing else this week.
- therefore, When Only the Ravens game time against the Bengals is still up in the airThe game will be played on Sunday at either 1:00 pm or 4:25 pm.of bill will host patriot 1 p.m. Sunday.
We’ll keep you updated on Hamlin’s situation and how the Bills-Bengals game unfolds.. As for everything else surrounding the situation:
Expanding March Madness Included in Recommendations to NCAA 🏀
NCAA Transformation Commissionand most notably enabling Division I sports At least 200 teams host postseason tournaments as much as 25% of the sport’s membership., .
For 363 Division I basketball teams, the recommendations basically state: March Madness may expand from the current 68 teams to a maximum of 90 teams.
- Norlander: “One potential consequence of these recommendations could be the future expansion of the men’s and women’s NCAA basketball tournaments.However, the industry A source told CBS Sports that there isn’t much momentum for that change in the near future. It remains possible that the NCAA tournament won’t expand at all, sources told CBS Sports. …vice versa, If expansion occurs, it can also mean an increase in the minor scale: from 68 to 72..
Another important detail? This was the least scenic change possible. In particular, “Division I will not be reduced in size or split into multiple tiers, as previously speculated.” Matt writes.
Extended postseason recommendations grab headlines, but there are other important suggestions…
- Make all DI agencies responsible for health insurance for injuries related to sports activities.
- Allow more benefits, including financial support, travel expenses, meals, etc.
- Encourage sports to self-govern.
The recommendations will be formally adopted at next week’s NCAA convention.
Red Sox, Rafael Devers avoid arbitration, but what next?
of Red Sox and star third baseman Rafael Devers A one-year, $17.5 million deal was reached to avoid arbitration on Tuesday.
- This was the last offseason subject to arbitration for Devers. He could be a free agent next offseason.
- Devers, 26, has been an All-Star in the last two seasons and has earned MVP votes in three of the last four seasons.
- Over the past four seasons, Devers has led the MLB in slugging and third in hits and runs batted in.
says Matt Snyder.
- Snider: “That said, the big picture here is the entire 2023 season and Devers’ future beyond 2024. We’ve seen the Red Sox trade. Mookie Betts One year before becoming a free agent xander bogaerts walk this winter … the last news we heard about a potential Devers extension with the Red Sox was they were far apart in negotiationsThat was a few weeks ago and things could change quickly, but No progress reported since then.”
What to watch on Wednesday 📺
🏒 Devils at Red Wings7pm on TNT
🏀 Bucks with the Raptors7:30 p.m. on ESPN
🏀 No. 20 Missouri vs. No. 13 Arkansas8:30 p.m. on the SEC network
🏀 No. 19 Baylor’s No. 17 TCUat 9pm on ESPN2
🏒 Lightning at Wild9:30 p.m. TNT
🏀 lakers heatat 10 p.m. on ESPN