BLOOMINGTON, IN — Indiana Women’s Basketball is gearing up for a road game stretch of two games starting Wednesday night at 8 PM ET in Minnesota.
Hoosier senior guard Sarah Scalia spent three seasons as a gopher and finished her Minnesota career with a total of 1,158 points, shooting 38.4% from the field, 38.2% from shooting, and 88.8% from charity stripes, so it looks familiar. It will be a spectacular sight. .
The Golden Gophers currently hold a season record of 9-12 and have started 2-8 in the Big Ten. It’s costing both Purdue and Michigan a hefty loss of nearly 20 points or more.
Minnesota’s three players are averaging double-digit scoring at 14.8 points per game, led by freshman guard Mara Brown.
So far, Minnesota has narrowly won the series with a 37-35 record, but the Hoosiers have won the final eight of nine games going back to the 2015-16 season.
scroll to continue
Indiana is continuing its strong winning streak with just a new No. 4 spot in the Associated Press Top 25 poll, with forward Mackenzie Holmes and freshman guard Yarden Garzon sweeping the conference’s weekly honors Monday. bottom.
Holmes leads the team with an average of 22 points per contest, while Garzon is second best with 12.8 points and holds 50.5 percent across the arc. Overall, Indiana’s offense ranks him 3rd in the Big 10 as he scores 82 points per game, but the defense ranks him 1st and his opponents are 1 contest away. Per just he is limited to 60.5 points.
Last Thursday, the Hoosiers shut down No. 2 Ohio State, but said any team knows conference play is tough, so a win won’t rank high. I was. After all, the Hoosiers’ only loss of the season came from an unranked Michigan state.
With two wins at home against the Buckeyes and Rutgers, it’s time to handle the business on the road. Indiana will face Purdue after beating Ohio State last week and taking the Buckeyes to No. 10 after dropping him No. 8 in the AP voting.
How to watch Indiana vs Minnesota
- Who: 4th place Indiana Hoosiers (20-1)(10-1) vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers (9-12)(2-8)
- when: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Williams Arena — Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- broadcast: B1G+
- wireless: WHCC 105.1
- Holmes spots late-season top 20 at Wooden Awards On Monday night, Indiana women’s basketball forward Mackenzie Holmes won the Wood Award late season top of the 20 best-suited athletes for the John R. Wooden Women’s Player of the Year award, presented after the NCAA Tournament. 20 were announced.click here
- Holmes and Garzon Dominate Top 10 Weekly Honors Indiana Women’s Basketball forward Mackenzie Holmes and guard Yarden Garzon dominated the Big Ten Weekly Honors for the second time this season, and Holmes also earned ESPN Player of the Week.click here
- Grace Berger’s injury recovery process Indiana’s women’s basketball guard Grace Berger had the longest career break of the season when a right knee injury forced her out for six weeks.Since her incident, she has now played in 7 matches, a staggering tally just like her previous self.Click Here