Utah @ Chicago
Current record: Utah 20-21; Chicago 18-21
What you need to know
The Chicago Bulls need to beef up their defense to allow 115.41 points per game before Saturday’s game. They’re getting back to it soon, as they host the Utah Jazz at the United Center on January 7th at 8pm ET. The Bulls know how to score points on the board — the team has racked up fancy point totals in their last three matchups — so hopefully Utah likes a good challenge.
Chicago had no major problems away as the Philadelphia 76ers won 126-112 on Friday. Shooting his guard Zach LaVine continued his habit of dropping his line with crazy stats, and from Downtown he went 11-for-13 shooting with 41 points and he finished with six assists.
Meanwhile, while less landslide, Thursday’s game between Utah and the Houston Rockets was still pretty decisive as Utah won 131-114 away. Small his forward Lauri his Markkanen was a supernova for Utah, as he shot 15-for-6 from across the arc for 49 points and he had eight rebounds.
Without the buzzer beater, the Bulls are expected to be close. They are now on his second straight win in the ATS, so it might be worth taking a chance against the spread.
Their win jumped Chicago to 18-21 and the Jazz to 20-21. Given their high-scoring efforts against previous opponents, it will be interesting to see how far these teams can score.
- when: 8 p.m. Saturday
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- tv set: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try it for free. Geo restrictions may apply.)
- follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket price: $60.61
According to the latest NBA odds, the Bulls are just 1.5 point favorites against the Jazz.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line as the game started with the Bulls as the 1-point favorites.
See NBA picks for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer models. Get your pick now.
Utah has won eight of its last 14 games against Chicago.
- 11/28/2022 – Chicago 114 vs. Utah 107
- March 16, 2022 – Utah 125 vs. Chicago 110
- 30/10/2021 – Chicago 107 vs. Utah 99
- April 2, 2021 – Utah 113 vs. Chicago 106
- March 22, 2021 – Utah 120 vs. Chicago 95
- 01/02/2020 – Utah 102 vs. Chicago 98
- Mar. 23, 2019 – Utah 114 vs. Chicago 83
- Jan. 12, 2019 – Utah 110 vs. Chicago 102
- 13/12/2017 – Chicago 103 vs. Utah 100
- Nov. 22, 2017 – Utah 110 vs. Chicago 80
- March 18, 2017 – Chicago 95 vs. Utah 86
- Nov. 17, 2016 – Chicago 85 vs. Utah 77
- 03/19/2016 – Chicago 92 vs. Utah 85
- Feb. 1, 2016 – Utah 105 vs. Chicago 96